On September 20th, 2022 an Honor Flight left from Cincinnati CVG airport to Washington DC.
Members of the Cincinnati Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution (CCSAR) participated and welcomed the approximately 200 participants who made the trip.
CCSAR members George Stewart, Bob Bowers, Mike Blum and Jerry Knight welcomed back our Veterans from their trip to DC Tuesday night.
In addition, Kentucky members of the Sons and Daughters of the American Revolution also participated.
There were around 200 people onboard the plane which left Cincinnati in the early morning. Approximately 25 men were in wheelchairs, and this trip accommodated their needs.
Further information about Tri-State Honor Flights can be obtained using the following link:
Highlights of the Honor Flight Mission is provided below:
- Their Mission is Simple – they offer Honor Flights to veterans so they may visit their respective War memorials in Washington, D.C.
- All World War II, Korean War and Vietnam War veterans aged 65 and older, who served either stateside or overseas, are eligible.
- We will leave NO ONE behind!
- For many of our veterans, a trip to Washington to see their memorials is not financially or physically possible by themselves. This is the mission of Honor Flight Tri-State: to make that dream come true for as many veterans as possible.
- If a veteran does not have a family member to accompany them, we will assign a qualified and enthusiastic guardian, ready to assist them on their trip of a lifetime.
- The HONOR FLIGHT trip is at no cost to the veterans and all veterans over the age of 65, whether they served stateside or overseas, are eligible to apply.
- Click HERE for the application.
All flights include:
- Airfare, bus tour, an Honor Flight Tri-State signature T-shirt (which must be worn on the trip), name badge souvenir, three meals, and assigned guardian on a one day trip.
- Veterans and guardians must arrive at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Terminal at the assigned time. We take care of everything from there.
- All veterans must have their own transportation to and from the airport.
- Guardians will be asked to attend a guardian meeting one week before their flight and must be willing to pay the guardian fee.
- If interested, please click HERE for the application.
Thank You For Your Service
Thanks to all the volunteers, staff and the Board of Directors of Honor Flight Tri-State, that make these trips possible for our veterans. This effort has made in possible for over 6,000 veterans to take a trip to honor their service, their sacrifice and remember their fallen comrades.
Congrats and a patriotic “Thank You” to all of our veterans for their service to our country. We are proud to be and remain a free American as a result of your service and sacrifice.